Monday, April 3, 2017

Spanner Boy

Converted Gorkamorka Ork Spanner Boy with Kannon

I've now added a third spanner to my tiny Morker mob in hopes of getting another vehicle after the next match.  I call this one Shifty.  Instead of scratch building tools for this one, I used the wrench and backpack from the Lootas sprue and focused my time on building him a kannon.  I tried a few different guns for the base, including the big shoota from the Ork Boyz sprue, but in the end, I settled on a standard shoota, since it worked better for the pose I was going for.  I removed the magazine and built a new barrel out of plasticard tube.

Converted Gorkamorka Ork Spanner Boy with Kannon

I'm quite fond of the various packs that this guy carries around.  I'm especially pleased with how the patchwork leather wrench holder turned out.  I think the random bit of scrap he's standing on is from the Assault Marine sprue.

A WIP shot of a Converted Ork Spanner Boy for Gorkamorka, armed with a Kannon


I almost gave up on giving him a smile because it was so hard to even get a file or clippers inside his helmet that I didn't want to try to do any modeling in there.  I'm glad that I tried anyway, because his smirk is one of my favorite things about this model.  He might even be my favorite of the three...

Three Converted Ork Spanner Boyz for Gorkamorka

...though it's pretty hard to pick a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment