Wednesday, April 5, 2017

More Doof

A Converted Ork Halftrakk for Gorkamorka with Spikes and Shoutas

With the addition of some lovely shoutas my Big Trakk is finally ready for the next game.  Believe it or not, this is actually one of the more restrained ideas I had for my shoutas.  At one point, I was considering going all-out Fury Road and filling the whole bed of the trakk with shoutas and then building new platforms on top of the speakers for the crew to stand on.  Ultimately, I settled on one big stack of speakers with some horn loudspeakers on top.  It takes up a considerable amount of space, but since my mob is fairly small, it shouldn't be a problem.

Scratchbuilt Shoutas, a Speaker System for Gorkamorka Vehicles

Finding the parts to build what I wanted was challenging.  The box itself is just built from plasticard, but the other parts were scavenged from all over.  The speakers are snaps I got from a fabric store and some ball bearings that were sold as BB gun ammo.  The horns on top were little bells that I was able to remove the clappers from.  I was going to have a few different sizes and shapes, but I didn't really have the space and nothing else I found really fit what I was looking for.

A Converted Ork Big Trakk for Gorkamorka loaded with Morkers

And with that, the mob is ready for another daring excursion into the Big Uz.  Hopefully the boyz fare a bit better this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment