Saturday, January 11, 2020

On to the Henchmen...

A converted Verminkin for a Mordheim Eshin Warband.

Here's the first of the henchmen for my Mordheim warband.  Skaven don't get a lot of options for henchmen.  I might eventually convert an Eshin Rat Ogre, and giant rats would be good to have on hand since there's a spell that can summon a few, but the only option for actual henchmen that gain experience and use equipment is Verminkin.  As such, I'll be churning these guys out for a good long while.

A converted Verminkin for a Mordheim Eshin Warband.

In order to make these guys seem like the bottom rung of the Eshin hierarchy, I decided to convert them all out of Clanrats with very minimal changes to their overall posture and silhouette.  Basically, every one got a black cloak and a second hand weapon in his left hand, and that's about it.  This one got a nice Katar-style push dagger in his left hand, which turned out rather nicely.

A WIP short of a converted Verminkin for a Mordheim Eshin Warband.

The dagger was made from the sword of a Vampire Counts skeleton, I believe.  I wanted to make it look like it was lashed to his hand with bandages, which I made with green stuff.
  
A WIP shot of a converted Verminkin for a Mordheim Eshin Warband.

Since I was just going to drape their cloaks over them without a lot of dynamic movement, I decided to try normal greenstuff capes.  They were pretty easy and turned out alright, though the ends of the cloaks by their feet were still far too bendable.  I ended up giving them a coat of Mod Podge before painting, which gave it a bit more stiffness, almost on par with a thin piece of plastic.

A converted Verminkin for a Mordheim Eshin Warband.

As a prototype, I'm pretty satisfied with this guy.  I'm still slow when it comes to both painting and converting, but I for the most part, this is a fairly straightforward formula that I should be able to repeat.  Since these guys will probably be used as Night Runners in a normal game of Warhammer, I'll eventually have to make even more than the twelve or so that I'll need for a maxed out Mordheim warband, so efficiency is a big plus.

A WIP short of a group of converted Verminkin for a Mordheim Eshin Warband.

I've got a long way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment