Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Fort Construction: Towers upon Towers

 

WIP Watch Tower

I still need to set up my airbrush to start painting the fort, but why do productive stuff when I can get distracted by random side projects? To that end, I decided that my towers needed to be more towerey, so I made a little watchtower out of plasticard.

WIP Ork Watchtower

In contrast to the main towers of my fort, which are pretty solid, this little guy has more of a ramshackle scaffolding sort of look, supported by a couple of steel beams. I managed to get the beams mostly symmetrical and at the same angle, but found it was pretty hard to attach crossbars to all those weird angles, so the crossbars are basically just long pieces of junk stuck on to hold it all together.

Gorkamorka Fort Towers

Speaking of my main towers, I made the base of the watchtower slightly smaller than their tops so that it can be set up to overlook the walls.  It can also be set up on the ground or another flat surface, so this piece might get some use beyond fort scenarios.

Watchtower Ladder

Also, gotta have a ladder so that da boyz can get in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment