Friday, October 9, 2026

Big Gunz: Rokkit Launcher

Gorkamorka Ork Rokkit Launcher

The next Big Gun on my list is the Rokkit Launcher, which is terrible 90 percent of the time and the other 10 percent of the time destroys everything on the table. Very orky.


Gorkamorka Ork Rokkit Launcher WIP


I made mine based on the one from the Deff Dread kit. I think. I decided to make the two rokkits removable for times in Gorkamorka when you run out of ammo. Of course, this meant I now had to drill some holes in order for the rokkits to slot back in. Which wasn’t too bad. I then glued some brass tube into the rokkits and they were ready to go. 


Gorkamorka Ork Rokkit Launcher WIP

To attach it to my magnetic gimbals, I filed-down the ball joint that normally connects to the Dread. I then cut a big plasticard ring to extend the joint and a smaller one to hold the magnet. I then filled the gap between the two rings with sprue goo and topped that off with green stuff, which was easier to smooth.


I went a bit overboard painting the rokkits with some tiny cheques. I ended up having to paint some of it with a toothpick because I couldn't keep the point on my brush sharp enough.


In general, I’m pretty happy with how the Rokkit Launcher turned out. Definitely not the most complicated conversion, but along with the paint job, I think it fits in with my other Big Gunz quite nicely.


Gorkamorka Ork Rokkit Launcher


No comments:

Post a Comment