Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sporty Desert Trakk

A converted Ork Wartrakk for Gorkamorka, armed with a Big Shoota
The first of my mob's vehicles is done!  It's a pretty straightforward trakk, as I actually quite like the design of the standard GW Ork Wartrakk.  Most of the conversions were just fixing it up, rather than trying to change the overall style of the model.

The main problem, of course, was the crew.  The ones that come included in the model are tiny compared with the current Ork Boyz, so I went about making a new driver, mostly out of an Ork Biker.

Converting an Ork Warbiker to a Trakk Driver

The arms that come with the Warbiker Mob are actually attached to the handlebars, which isn't really a big deal, but looks a bit awkward when you have to remove the driver.  Instead, I cut up one of the open handed arms from the Boyz sprue and pinned it in place so that it could rest on top of the handlebars.  I was actually able to use some of the arm that I had cut off to fill the gap back in, which meant that I didn't have to completely resculpt his muscles.  I also gave him a smile to match the other members of the mob.

An Ork Wartrakk with converted handlebars and driver

I bought the Wartrakk on eBay, and it unfortunately came with one of the handlebars broken off.  I decided that the original ones looked a bit small on such a large vehicle, so I made my new ones a bit bigger.  They're made mostly out of some old Chaos Marauder spears with some more Sicarian Ruststalker bits for the throttle.  I made sure to pin them on so that they don't get broken off the first time this thing tips over.  I was probably a bit overcautious, as I think the pin runs halfway up the handlebars, but you can never be too sure.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with the way the trakk turned out.  Nothing fancy, but I'm still quite fond of it.  I have named my driver Abby, on account of his great abs.  He's just a yoof, but Morker yoofs can get drivin' skills, so hopefully he'll do a good job.

A Converted Ork Wartrakk and Spanner for Gorkamorka 

Now I just need to finish my Big Trakk and I'll be ready for our first game.

No comments:

Post a Comment