Sunday, November 22, 2020

Fort Construction: Ladders

 

Gorkamorka Ladders

One important aspect of any fort (especially as far as the rules are concerned) is a way to get up onto the ramparts. In Gorkamorka, attackers can climb the walls from the outside, but ideally you'd want a way for your own boyz to get up there first. At one point I'd considered simply building ladders or stairs into some of the wall sections, but I decided it would be better to put the ladders where you need them, regardless of how your fort is put together.

Early wide ladders

The main structure of the ladders was built out of some aquarium parts that had a nice grid to them. I originally went with ladders that were two squares wide, but that made the ladders too wide for anyone but my Nob. Most military ladders tend to be thin and lightweight anyway, so I decided to err in that direction.

Ladder on a Gorkamorka Fort

Like most everything in the fort, I magnetized the ladders so that I don't have to worry about bumping them or having them tip over.  I could also use the magnetic couplings on my walls to attach other sorts of walkways, though I don't know what I would do unless I wanted a really long walkway crossing the entire fort for some reason. Maybe I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment